Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Its all over

And so, like all good things, my travels are over.

I am now a permanent resident of Christchurch, New Zealand.

I have an address again, and a bed.  Both should never be underestimated.  The two and half years since I first left New Zealand to embark on my OE have quite simply been one of the best, yet most difficult periods of my life.  I feel like I have grown, I have tested my limits and I have subdued that burning desire to see the world.  For so long I felt like I was missing out.  Now that I have explored at least some of the world, I have come to truly appreciate all that I have here at home.  I appreciate so much more about my life now: the quality of my life here, my family and friends, the standard of living, the lack of corruption, the clean air, the infrastructure (although it leaves a little to desire), and so many other things.

I just hope that I can retain the perspective I have gained.

That's it for now folks.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment