Friday, June 28, 2013

Another fabulous month

I'm sorry to gloat but I can't help reflecting on June and concluding that month nine of 'funemployment' has been another good one.

Since my last post I spent another couple of days in the French sun before flying back to the UK. From there Mum and I explored the beautiful Cotswolds for two days before returning to London for three action packed days of sight seeing. Highlights included: Brixton; Camden Markets; Regents Park and the canals; Borough Markets; Trooping of the Colours where we even spotted Kate; War Horse; an open top bus tour and lunch on the shores of the Serpentine in Hyde Park. Thank you so much for visiting Mum. I loved having you here.

Once Mum left to return to New Zealand it was time for a wedding in the English countryside. A top day and the weather even behaved. The bride and groom make such a wonderful couple and I felt very lucky to be able to join in their celebrations.

Then it was onto Sicily to visit Rebecca, a very good friend who is living there. It was so awesome to experience the city with my own personal tour guide. I loved the grittiness of the city and the food was outstanding! Plus, of course, the company was fantastic.

I then had a whirlwind tour of Berlin. A very cool city. I found the history fascinating and was highly impressed by the number of free exhibitions. A panorama of the wall was a highlight, as was bumping into another friend who was visiting at the same time. I love it when the world feels so small.

And finally I'm now in Greece and about to embark on a week sailing with seven friends. I can't wait, although I'm a little sad as this will be my last trip in Europe for the foreseeable future.

The last month has reminded me how wonderful it is to hang out with old friends. While I have met lots of fabulous people on my travels, there is nothing quite the same as a laugh (or in my case the occasional snort) with old friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment